Terms & Conditions
This legal notice applies to the entire contents of the website under the domain name www.scottishaviation.org.uk and to any correspondence between you and us and to any newsletters or publications downloaded by you or sent to you by us (the "Site").
The Scottish Aviation Heritage Trail whose address is c/o Air Officer Scotland, 25 Learmonth Terrace, Edinburgh EH4 1NZ is responsible for the Site.
You must be at least 18 years of age or be accessing the Site or have the full consent of a parent or guardian to access the website.
In consideration of the Scottish Aviation Heritage Trail allowing you access to the Site you are deemed to accept our terms and conditions of use. Please read them carefully. If you do not accept these terms and conditions of use, you do not have permission to use this Site.
Our terms and conditions may be periodically changed so you should check these terms regularly to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. See below for details of when we last changed these terms. If you continue to use the Site after a change has been made to the terms and conditions of use you are deemed to have accepted it.
Use of the Site
The Scottish Aviation Heritage Trail or its licensors or contributors own the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the material displayed or otherwise communicated through or on the Site. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, adapt or otherwise use any material on the Site other than for your own personal non-commercial use.
Uploading Material to our Site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in this policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with this policy, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set in this policy.
You may not use the Site for any of these reasons:
· For the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material, the publication, dissemination, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
· For the posting of content that is considered by us to be abusive, defamatory or obscene or which may harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person;
· For the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
· For the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to or having the effect of interrupting, restricting, destroying, limiting the functionality of or, compromising the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
· To create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Site, without written permission from the Scottish Aviation Heritage Trail;
· To transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the Site to any third party, without written permission from the Scottish Aviation Heritage Trail; in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms; or in any way that might bring the Scottish Aviation Heritage Trail into disrepute.
· To gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. To attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
· For any purpose that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
· That is in any way unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
· For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
· To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
· To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
· To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site without our express written consent.
Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
any part of our site;
any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
any software used in the provision of our site; or
any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Removal of Material and Access to the Site
· The Scottish Aviation Heritage Trail reserves to itself the right to refuse to allow you access to the Site or any part of it at any time and for any reason without giving you any advance notice.
· The Scottish Aviation Heritage Trail shall have the right at any time and for any reason to remove from the Site any material posted, uploaded, emailed or otherwise transmitted by you without giving you any advance notice.
· Whilst effort has been taken to ensure that the Site is free from viruses, the Scottish Aviation Heritage Trail gives no warranties that it is indeed free from viruses and you are responsible for ensuring that you have installed adequate virus checking software on any equipment you intend to use to access the Site. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Site.
· The Scottish Aviation Heritage Trail shall not be responsible for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or, compromise the integrity of, any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or other material transmitted with or, as part of the Site, or any other internet site.
· Any content you upload to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
· You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us [and other users of the Site] a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties for our legitimate business purposes.
You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself in any registration or subscription form you complete when using the Site ("the Registration Information"). You agree to maintain and promptly update the Registration Information in order to maintain it as a true, accurate, current and complete statement about yourself.
You hereby agree and give consent that the Registration Information (and all updates of the Registration Information) and any other information sent to the Scottish Aviation Heritage Trail by you ("the Personal Data") may be processed by Scottish Aviation Heritage Trail for the purposes of:
a. processing your requests;
b. providing you with information by email or other means;
c. providing you with information about products and services of the Scottish Aviation Heritage Trail and other parties;
d. providing a personalised service;
e. statistical analysis and conducting market research surveys;
f. assessing and evaluating the use that is being made of the Site; and
g. information and databank compilation and administration.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions of Use
· Our terms and conditions of use may be changed periodically. Please review our terms and conditions of use regularly. If you continue to use the Site after a change has been made you are deemed to have accepted it.
· Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information on the Site, no warranty is given as to its accuracy or completeness.
· The Scottish Aviation Heritage Trail cannot guarantee that you will have uninterrupted access to the Site at all times.
· We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
· Insofar as is permitted by applicable law, we exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the Site or any content on it.
Law and Jurisdiction
· The terms and conditions of use set out herein shall be governed by and, construed in accordance with, the laws of Scotland. Any disputes arising in relation to the Site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
· If any of these terms or conditions of use should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted and the remaining terms and conditions of use shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Comments and Complaints
· If you have any comments or complaints to make about the Site please send them to Scottish Aviation Heritage Trail, 25 Learmonth Terrace, Edinburgh ED4 1NZ
· Last updated: Mar 2021
Scottish Aviation Heritage Trail
c/o Air Officer Scotland
25 Learmonth Terrace
Edinburgh ED4 1NZ